Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Knowledge Eliminates Fear


http://www.flickr.com/photos/46944516@N00/60017667

"I am not afraid of storms. For I am learning to sail my ship." - Louisa May Alcott.

Last week, I was talking to a new friend about stock market investing. She was pretty much convinced that it is better to put her hard-earned money in the stock market and allow it to grow over time instead of settling for the measly interest that the bank offers.

When I followed up on her last night, asking if she had opened her account with COL Financial, the leading online stockbroker in the Philippines today, she told me that she still has her hesitation to invest because of fear.

This is where the Truly Rich Club comes in. It teaches you what you need to know.

Back in 2013, I reached my rock bottom moment when I was so stressed with bills to pay coming in every month. I was employed with a decent salary, but I was basically living payday after payday. I had no savings, no investments, and I was down with debt. I had a negative net worth.  Financially, I was lost.

I believe it was by God's grace that I stumbled upon Bo Sanchez' Truly Rich Club on the internet. It taught me what I needed to know and I was able to give my life, not only financial, an overhaul. The club equipped me with the knowledge that eliminated my fears. And this is where my financial journey took its first step.

Risks = Returns


Many people think that investing in the stock market is risky. Unfortunately, that is the only risk they know of.

Well, guess what? Starting a new business is risky. Keeping a day job is risky. Putting your money in banks is risky. Even merely driving to work or crossing the street is risky.

Warren Buffet says, "Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing."

The way to eliminate risk, or at least minimize it, is to increase knowledge.

I read books on financials during my free time. I attend seminars on financial education every now and then. I enrolled on an online mentoring course on how to start and maintain this blog. I am a member of the Truly Rich Club to be mentored by the experts on stock market and entrepreneurship.

Knowledge dismisses fear. I am confident that I am doing things the right way because I am backed up with the learning and experience of experts in fields that I am getting into now. 

This is also similar to saying never invest in something you do not understand. A couple of months ago, a friend asked me if I wanted to invest money in a company that he recently invested in. I asked my friend what is the nature of the business, how long has it been running, and what will they do with my money just in case I also invest in them. He could not give me sure answers. That was a red flag. I am sure you do not want to see your hard-earned money simply go down the drain. 

For example, the stock market is something that we have no control of. I encourage you to seek a mentor who is an expert and has studied and devoted his life in studying how the stock market works. Same for business, real estate, etc.

My Journey in Stock Market Investing


It was in 2013 when I started learning about the stock market. Over time, I realized that it is not as complicated as we thought it to be. I have learned that our thinking that the stock market is only for the rich or that we need to be in front of our computers the whole time were just misconceptions.

You may ask, "Really?"

Yes, really. I began investing in the stock market directly with Php5,000. The need to open my COL portfolio is when I am going to buy or sell shares, which happens at least twice a month. It does not take so much of my time that I can actually do this while on queue at the expressway toll exit.

Yes, it is that easy, and have been very rewarding, too.

When I see GREEN (which means GAIN) that is 6% and above, I feel happy. I knew that my money has beat inflation. I also feel this when I receive emails notifying me of dividends from these blue chip companies.

When I see RED (which means LOSS), I feel excited. It's like seeing your favourite expensive brands ON SALE. Time to go stock market shopping!

But what I love most about the stock market is that it is the BRIDGE to my long-term dreams. With very little amount invested every month, I can see my daughters' college fund growing and my retirement fund growing. And this gives me peace of mind.

While others worry about investing in the stock market, the stock market answers my financial worries.  And this is what I love most about it.


Curious Who My Mentors Are?


I get financial and spiritual guidance from Bo Sanchez and his team of mentors through the Truly Rich Club.

I have learned online marketing from Jomar Hilario.

I follow stock market principles of Warren Buffett.

I read books by Robert Kiyosaki of the Rich Dad Poor Dad fame.

These are just to name a few.


Remember that the first step to earning, is to learn. And never stop learning.


Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...