Sunday, August 16, 2015

Be Patient With Your Progress






In April 2014, I remembered experiencing a paradigm shift. Because of that, I stopped writing for a month or two. Let me share with you what happened then.

In #Hugot lingo, "May pinagdadaanan." Lolz.

Kidding aside. I was reading a new financial book then, which says that a 10% per annum average interest rate in the stock market is peanuts (read: measly or relatively small) and not even guaranteed. And it made me tell myself, "It has a point." Since I have always been encouraging everyone to invest in the stock market, this became disturbing and caused drastic moves.

With a little gain, I pulled out ALL the money which I directly invest in the stock market through COL Financial. I then put a little of that withdrawn amount indirectly in the stock market through my Insular Life VUL, a part was deposited to the bank, and another part was planned to be used to grow our small business.

What was I thinking then?!


I was being aggressive and I wanted to hurry my financial growth. I saw greater opportunity to grow my money in business. I got excited and found myself talking to people I hardly know, considering to partner with them either for expansion or for a new business I have no knowledge of, nor is it connected to my core gift. Thinking about it now, yes, it was a crazy thought.

But then I realized that God really works in mysterious ways. NOTHING that I wanted to happen actually worked! Either there was already an existing business center in that area, or my supposed to be partner just vanished into thin air. This may be ironic, but yes, Thank God!

It was not God's rejection, but I think of it as God's redirection.


And as I check my archive of Wealth Strategies newsletter from the Truly Rich Club, I started to think straight again. 

By the way, let me just share with you that every time I feel discouraged, negative, down, or simply do not know what to do, the newsletters from the Truly Rich Club provides me with those "exactly what I needed to hear" answers and brings me back to God, to my passion and purpose in life. I encourage you to join, too. It is where my life journey with God started. It has not only blessed me financially, but in all areas of my life.

From the archives, I read about the story of the three farmers. (I will share with you the story on my next post.) One of its lessons is "Respect Your Pace."

As a TRC member, Bo Sanchez teaches us to invest for the long term through putting small amounts each month in gigantic companies in the stock market. We call it Strategic Averaging Method or SAM.

I have been following this for three years now, and just like most members, it came to a point in the past when I gave up. For some time, I was disappointed and frustrated. Why? Because its growth was slow.

But as I read the story of the three farmers and its lessons, I realize that I should not hurry my growth. Because when you are in a hurry to grow, you will make all sorts of disastrous mistakes -- just like what I almost did!

When we want quick money, we get burned.


Bo teaches us that there is Organic Growth and Outrageous Growth. Both will happen in your life. But you need to have the right growth at the right time.

Here is the rule: At the start, grow organically, not outrageously. And some time in the future, that organic growth will become outrageous growth.

Do not be in a hurry to grow your money. With the magic of compounded interest, we will get there.  After all, the stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.

Be patient with your progress.

Be very blessed!


P.S. By the way, over time, I learned not to settle with "small amounts" invested in the stock market, but rather, "invest as much as you can."

Let me share an excerpt from the book The Tao of Warren Buffett. It says, "The great secret to getting rich is getting your money to compound for you, and the larger sum you start with, all the better."

P.S. 2. If you find this post helpful, kindly click the SHARE buttons. Thank you.

Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...