Saturday, July 4, 2015

Yes, You Can Earn While on Vacation




I just got home from our 5-day midyear conference at work. The first two days were all about business held at a beautiful hotel in Ortigas and then we flew all the way to Bohol, stayed at a luxurious hotel/resort for R & R starting Wednesday.

Yesterday, Thursday, was our free time. I woke up at 8am and enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast buffet with my workmates/friends from Bulacan and Marikina. Being blown away by these breathtaking place, we could not help but take a few (okay, it was a lot!) pictures of the hotel. We then strolled along the beach shore, took more photos, and had an organic ice cream and burger for AM snacks. Since our company had pre-arranged activities for us, we had a relaxing 30-minute massage by the beach for FREE!

We spent the rest of the day sharing each other's stories by the poolside (where the photo above was taken), over the buffet lunch, by the pool bar during the afternoon, and way until dinner. Since we were from different areas and we rarely see each other personally, we made the most out of that "mini reunion."

We were in an ALL EXPENSES PAID vacation. Thank you very much, Unilab.

Earn While on Vacation


Aside from being pampered and having the time to spend building relationships, I appreciated the fact that I was making money even while on vacation.

How?

My parents and I have a small business. I am in charge of the marketing, which is as easy as clicking "PROMOTE PAGE" on Facebook. I also answer queries and relay orders from customers to my parents for packaging and delivery. These are done through text messages alone.

That particular day, I exchanged messages with three old customers who were re-ordering, communicated these orders with my mother while my father brought these orders to the courier.

Spending only a few minutes on my phone, those transactions gave us a 5-digit gross sales. Wow!

Then later that afternoon, I checked my COL portfolio and my stocks had a 4-digit gain! Wow again.

Make Money Work For You


Two years ago, I was depending on a single income stream -- my salary. Every time I get a raise, so does the government (through taxes). When the bills arrive on time and the incentives came late, I find myself stressed of not knowing where to get money to pay for these bills.

To make both ends meet, I sold many of my stuff, gadgets mostly. I always sell at a loss because the value of these things depreciate over time. When I thought I was spending my money on assets thinking that a lifestyle update was necessary, I was actually buying liabilities.

Through the Truly Rich Club, I learned where to put my money and make it work for me.

In 2013, I met a professor from Davao and we started that small business with Php30,000. Since everything was divided by two, my investment capital was Php15,000 only. After a few months, we had a return of investment and that small business has grown giving us five-digit NET of income every month, with very little effort. Sixty percent of our net income is set aside and to be used as capital for future businesses.

Twenty percent of my personal income is invested in the stock market and other "income streams."

Now, I rarely feel stressed about money. Aside  from the fact that I trust God that He will meet all our needs, I have other income sources that I can depend on -- without affecting the quality of my work as an employee.

Because of my efficient and reliable team, my Tatay and Nanay, everything is on AUTOPILOT.

RECOGNIZE OPPORTUNITIES


For the past months, since I have been open about stock market investing on social media, a lot of my friends (even acquaintances) have asked me to teach them how the stock market works.

Just this week, I had workmates who are in line before me at the lunch buffet saying, "Madami ako itatanong sayo tungkol sa stock market," (I have a lot of questions for you about the stock market) or a friend of a friend sees me at the elevator and tells me, "Joan, turuan mo naman ako sa stocks." (Joan, teach me about stocks.)

For every query, I tell them what I know, how I started, even the mistakes I made along the way. But very few actually started investing.

This differentiates the committed from those who are only interested. Which category do you belong?

Back in 2013, I had no one to ask. I attended Bo Sanchez' seminar for the first time, which was about natural healing, and then he mentioned the Truly Rich Club. I googled it, signed up, and paid Php499 monthly for more than two years now. I read, learned and applied everything that was there.

Then a financially conscious individual was born.

I became hungry for more information, read more books, and attended more seminars.

Not only did I recognize doors of opportunities, I learned how to build doors of opportunities.

While my old self was thinking of a new gadget to purchase when bonus comes in, my new self is at the franchise expo in search for a new business, or talking to doctors about hospital shares, or asking for a list of foreclosed properties from different banks, or explaining to a friend his various investment options while driving him to a house call.

Make that BOLD Decision Today


Do you want to keep working for money during this time that your very young kids need you the most?

Or do you want to make money work for you so you can do meaningful work with purpose?

Think about it. If you choose the latter, I highly recommend that you join Bo Sanchez' Truly Rich Club. And when you have been blessed, I encourage that you become a blessing to others.

Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...