Wednesday, June 24, 2015

If God is Asking You to Do Something, Do It

Photo credit: http://www.facebook.com/thefeastpicc



Last week, I found myself driving for an MD who I met for the first time. He was asking me about stock market investing and was referred to me by another MD. Because of his super busy work schedule, accompanying him to Betis, Guagua, Pampanga to look for furniture was the only time we have to talk. Since he was totally clueless about this topic, he said that his safest bet was to get the same insurance and investment products that I got for myself. As of this writing, only a few days after, he actually did. He even told me that he wants me to talk to his other friend about investing, too. Wow!

Over the weekend, I received a Facebook message from our old neighbour who I haven't seen in 25 years (yeah, that long) encouraging me to keep writing and inspiring my readers. She even commended that I was doing a great job at that. Another WOW! Honestly, even with thousands of page views, I am still amazed every time I know that someone actually reads my posts. Thank you very much!

Yesterday, a workmate who I haven't really talked to personally, but is an acquaintance and my friend on Facebook, sent me a message asking me about stocks. I asked if he wanted to do it directly or indirectly after telling him the difference. He then asked me which of the two am I doing. When I said I actually do both, he said that he may do both as well. Again, Wow!

Later that morning, after posting something on Facebook about why I aim to be rich, another workmate/friend sent me a text message saying that if my goal is to help and serve others, his goal is to help and serve his family. After a number of exchanged messages, I was able to explain to him further and at the end of the conversation, he got my point. For a clearer understanding of my readers, I told him that it wouldn't make sense helping others first when you see your own family in need. As the saying goes, charity begins at home. I am blessed to be raised in simplicity and detaching from material things, and I plan of raising my own kids that way, too. As long as we have a roof over our heads and food on the table, we are okay. My family's financials are already well taken cared of. If I die too soon (knock on wood), my family won't go hungry because I am insured. If I live too long (my dream is to reach 80 years old), we have money to enjoy and I wouldn't be a burden to them as well. And I think that God put us in a situation wherein we have the capacity to earn more than many others not just for ourselves, but more importantly, to help others.

Then on my way home to Tarlac, another workmate sent me a message saying that she is looking forward to having a short chat with me in person during our conference (short because these days will be really busy) next week. She said that aside from stocks, she wants to know how I do my "missions." I think she is referring to charity work. Again and again, Wow!

And Then the Big Question


As I was near our house, this is what I realized. For the past months, I have been talking to a lot of people. By the term "a lot," I meant way above the average number of people I used to talk to in my entire life!

Used to being the wallflower, the almost invisible girl in a group, known to being the quiet type who just listens and rarely talks, I am left in awe and totally overwhelmed with how my situation is changing right in front of me now.

Then I asked God, "Lord, is this the kind of life you want for me? The exact opposite of how my life has always been.?"

And then I remembered that my prayers has always been like this...

"Lord, use me for Your glory."
"Lord, prosper me so I can prosper others."
"Lord, show me each day how I can bless the world more."
"Lord, let me do work with meaning. Lead me to my purpose in life"

And God Answers My Question -- Without Me Realizing It


But then again, I realized that it was obvious.

I did not only get the answers to my prayers above. God was making me do what He wants me to do!

Talking to a lot of people was my way of serving others, blessing others and loving others.

God is using me for His greater glory. God is prospering me so I can prosper others. God is putting people into my life everyday and being a blessing to them. God is making me do work with meaning and leading me to my purpose in life through pursuing my passion.

Pray Bold Prayers


I urge you to do the same -- to keep praying bold prayers and have that bold trust in God that He will answer every desire in your heart.

Be very blessed!





Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...