Friday, August 2, 2013

Splurge When It Comes To Self-Growth




There are two kinds of growth in life and in business: Progressive growth and quantum growth.

Progressive growth is moving from step 1 to step 2, step 2 to step 3, and so on. Quantum growth is leapfrogging from Step 1 to Step 10 -- all in one stride. 

And my mentor taught me that the only way to quantum growth is by having mentors. And true enough, based from my experience, that is where Quantum Growth happens. Mentors may come in form of a book, a seminar or conference, audio talk or video talk, newsletter or eReport, or an online course, or coaching program.

The biggest roadblock in having a Mentor is that they do not usually come cheap. Nor are they free. As a matter of fact, having a Mentor is expensive. So we ignore the opportunity to learn, and keep looking for free.

Remember that you are your most important investment. Do not be cheap on yourself. Invest in yourself, invest in your self-growth, and whatever you spend will be nothing compared to the profits you will earn when you have experienced Quantum Growth.

Avoid the free lunch attitude. 


I Do Not Stop Learning, and I Continue to Pay for My Learning


 


Above is a photo from my first splurge on self-growth: Wealth Summit held last March 2013. It was a splurge because registration for this two-day seminar costs almost Php20,000! I did not want to put my hard-earned money to waste so I chose to apply all that I learned from the seminar.

After that, I began to develop my passion for reading. Robert Kiyosaki, Bo Sanchez, Larry Gamboa and Dean Pax Lapid became my Mentors through these books. Almost every week, I would buy a book on financial management, business and investment. There were times when I would finish a book in 24 hours. Now, my collection of financial books is so much more compared to all the novels I've read in the past ten years combined!

I have also enrolled in an Online Marketing Course that costs Php18,000. Through it, I have learned my love for writing, which eventually resulted to the birth of this blog.

Two weeks ago, I have attended the Money Expo which costs Php1,500 for a one-day pass. Before that, I attended a seminar on making money through Foreclosed Properties. Last week, I was at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business Forum. Next week, I will be playing the Cashflow 101 and listen to lectures on Stock Market Investment and Foreign Exchange. 

If given the opportunity, I would like to attend the TRC Super Conference in October at the luxurious Shangri-la Mactan which costs Php70,000 for four nights (exclusive of airfare). And even the Rich Dad seminar by Robert Kiyosaki which I heard costs Php200,000 for three days only. Well, who knows, maybe one day, I will be there. 

On top of all these, I have been a member of the Truly Rich Club for more than a year now paying monthly fees. I receive my regular Stocks Update, Powertalks and Wealth Strategies newsletters.

I pay a lot for my self-education. And the truth is, every peso is worth it. I keep reading, and attending seminars because there is always something new to learn.

Now, merely four months after that Wealth Summit, I have started two businesses, my two daughters and I have been investing in the Stock Market, I do affiliate marketing for huge brands, I have no bad debt, and I have found ways on how to make money work for me. (Drum roll please!)

So, do not look for free.
Pay to get Mentors.
Pay for your self-growth.



Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...