Sunday, January 4, 2015

My First Expensive Lunch


http://www.flickr.com/photos/38211812@N07/7419317256

It was March 2013, almost two years ago, when I learned to graduate from my free lunch attitude and paid for my first expensive lunch. It was in the form of a financial seminar organized by the Truly Rich Club that was worth my one month salary NET! I had initial hesitations, but knowing that it will be lead by my mentor Bo Sanchez and his team, I immediately signed up. With my fingers crossed, I told myself, "For sure it will be worth it!

 

You Need the Pain of Paying


Because that seminar was not for free, I put value in the event. It was early December 2012 when I blocked the date on my calendar. I was committed to it because I really wanted to learn. Not only did I put value in the event, but more importantly, I put value on the learnings. After the Wealth Summit, I did research, signed up for this and that, and read more books on financials. I even joined the Facebook group that was inspired by the Wealth Summit.

It was already my personal investment. As they say, pain is the only way you can grow. And paying for my own lunch is painful. But this pain forced me to grow. 

Avoid the free lunch.
Start paying.
Take responsiblity.

By the way, after that seminar, I have learned to recognize the abundant blessings around me through various opportunites. I met new friends who taught me more on stocks, real estate and business. Not only that, since our incentive trip abroad was scheduled during the Wealth Summit, I had the option to avail of the incentive trip money in the form of gift certificates instead -- and it was worth 3x of how much the seminar cost! I felt truly blessed!

There is Hope


As of this writing, I have turned my financial situation around. From being down with debt, broke and living pay check after pay check, I have now created money machines -- paper assets and business. I have a diversified stock market portfolio and earn passive income from five other sources. All these while I keep and earn from my day job!

Friend, right now you may be in debt with growing bills to pay. Or thinking about how your life will be when you retire. Or you may be worrying about your children's college tuition fees. They may want to be lawyers or doctors one day. Do not allow your financial crisis now to deprive you and your loved ones of the life you have been dreaming of.

If I was able to improve my finances, I am sure you could, too. Stop worrying and start recognizing opportunities to earn more. Invest in learning so you would know which investment product is best for you. Grow yourself and then grow your wealth.

And now I am sharing what I have learned with you. If you find this post helpful, please share it to your friends or post your comments below.

P.S. Finally decided to start investing? I would love to assist you. Send me an email at jssalandanan@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

Be very blessed!

Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...