Monday, August 8, 2022

Find Your Surrendered Place by Bo Sanchez

 


Allow me to share with you valuable snippets from this book, Find Your Surrendered Place by Bo Sanchez.

In this book, Bo will teach you to surrender fifteen attachments. Some of which are below.


On Surrendering Ego..


"But in the Surrendered Place, I saw how insane this was all was. Here's what I heard from God:

          Focus only on what you can do. I don't ask you to offer the success from the work of your hands, but only the work of your hands. This is enough. For your labor of love -- not the outcome of that labor -- is where true peace and happiness come from."


On Surrendering Your Fear of Death..


"Every day, as I tried to inhale enough oxygen to fill my weakened lungs, I realized how foolish I was not to think about my mortality.

Because my next breath is a pure gift.

It may be given.

It may not be given.

Here's what I heard from God:

          Unless you embrace the raw truth that your life hangs by a very thin thread that can snap at any moment, you will never know how to fully live with joy, gratitude and generosity."


On Surrendering your Stress..


"Every day, I surrender everything to God constantly.

Emotionally, I'm not attached to the outcome. 

I resolved in my mind that I cannot control results.

I can only control the work of my hands."


On Surrendering the Delusion that Life Continues Forever..

 

"First, go into meditation and quiet your mind for a few minutes. Be aware of your breathing. Be aware of God's presence around you.

Then ask yourself this disturbing question, "What if I were to die five minutes from now?"

When I think I will die in five minutes, suddenly all that becomes totally irrelevant. I no longer care.

Dear friend, live each day with total surrender.

This is how to have peace beyond measure.


Bo also shared Six Practical Steps to Overthinking


Step 1: Tell a new story

Step 2: Find safe people

Step 3:Make gratitude your core identity

Step 4: Enlarge your circle of control

Step 5: Move your body

Step 6:Absorb sunlight daily


At the end of the book, Bo says, "Finally, Apply What You Learned in This Book


Shift mental states.

Get into your surrendered place.

Be in the present moment.

Practice mindfulness.

Practice meditation.

Stop rushing.

Stop multitasking.


Surrender everything to God.


He then ended the book with two epilogues.


At the back cover, it wrote, "In 2021, Bo Sanchez had COVID-19 and his near death experience changed his life forever. Through that crisis, he learned to enter into what he calls the Surrendered Place. "I didn't want to leave. I wanted to live there for the rest of my life," he said of that place. Today, he enjoys inner peace amidst life's stressful situations. Now, he wants to share this spiritual gift with you."


Final Note


If you are like me wherein there are days when you feel overwhelmed with stress, I highly recommend this book, as it taught me to surrender everything to Him as I can only do so much. I have now learned to connect my limited resources to God's limitless power. I encourage you to offer your finite abilities and skills to Him, and claim His miracles in your life.


I have also began meditating, starting my day at 6am and joining The Feast's Summons to Your Surrender Place. You can check their Facebook page, The Feast PICC AM, and you may also join via Zoom HERE.


To get a copy of the book, visit www.feastbook.ph.


Be very blessed!


P.S. I hope you find this post helpful. If yes, kindly share this post so we can bless and inspire more people. Thank you very much!






Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...