Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Personal Finance Planner by Budget Squad Manila


Photo credit: Budget Squad Manila


 
 
Before 2016 came to a close, I was invited by Budget Squad Manila on the launch of their Personal Finance Planner. For the record, this was my first invitation as a blogger. Thank you girls for the opportunity.
 
 
 
Budget Squad Manila are two ambitious, independent and radical young women (Michelle and Stephanie) who aspire to see a financially educated and financially free Philippines in their lifetime. They firmly believe that financial education is the first step to financial freedom.
 
 
 
The Personal Finance Planner is the brain child of Budget Squad Manila. After flipping through the pages, let me share with you the features of this planner.
 
 
 

The Personal Finance Planner Is Available In Black & White

 

Adult coloring books have been a thing for a year or two. If you are a fan of such, you can express your creativity in every page of the planner. The drawings were created by two young student artists, Marie and Raph. Hats off to you, guys.
 
 

And It Is Available in Colored, Too!

 
 
 
 


For the "non-artsy" like me, I prefer the colored version of the planner. It gives me more time to focus on writing content.


It Has No Month and Date


With this, you can use it any time, of any given year.

Personally, I believe that taking your financials seriously is not something that you do on impulse. For me, I had to reach financial rock bottom back in 2013 before I had the courage to tell myself, "I will never be broke again" and actually act upon that situation.

Because the planner has no specific months and year, it is like saying, "Use me when you are ready."

But of course, the earlier you start, the better.

 

It Includes a Pro Tip Every 30 Days


These Pro Tips can guide you in making your baby steps towards everybody's goal, which is achieving financial freedom. Read them, and more importantly, apply them.


It Tracks Your Daily Expenses


I track my daily expenses. As in everything. From the Php15.50 fish balls I ate during merienda to the Php42,400 VUL premium that I pay on certain days.

And every time I tell my friends about it, they find it "toxic." Truth is, yes, it is but only AT FIRST. And then it becomes automatic as you do it often.

And by often I mean only 21 days to be exact. Study says that it takes 21 days to develop a new habit. So, the first 21 days of tracking your daily expenses will be tough, and then it becomes as automatic as your breathing.

Doing this helped me BIG TIME in knowing where my money went. In September 2016, I spent Php40,000 on paying in advance for my October travel -- plane tickets, hotel and park tickets. Then the following month, I spent another Php40,000 during the trip itself, and plane tickets for my trip this July. That's Php80,000, which I could have spent instead for my RFP classes, and registration for the Hillsong Conference, and Kerygma Conference this year -- and still have extra cash to invest. Lesson learned.


It Has A Monthly Financial Statement


At the end of every month, there is a page for your total income and expenses. You can monitor here if your income is increasing and your expenses (especially the unnecessary ones) are decreasing over time.


Where to Buy?


The Personal Finance Planner is available for only Php499.  It is even open for distributorship so we can help spread the word. May it serve its purpose of helping every Filipino achieve financial freedom.

You may email Michelle and Stephanie at budgetsquadmanila@gmail.com




Be very blessed!

 



Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were h...