Tuesday, July 26, 2016

How My Investment Helped Me Attend the Hillsong Conference in Sydney






Three weeks ago, I was in Sydney, Australia for five days to attend the Hillsong Conference 2016 held at the Qudos Bank Arena. It was definitely one of my WOW Moments in this lifetime!

Why?

Because if you have been following my blog, you would know that once upon a time I was flat broke, living paycheck after paycheck and had zero "real" assets. I made an emphasis on "real" because I used to think then that accumulating assets meant owning the latest gadgets that did mostly the same thing. 

Fast forward to today, finding myself travelling to a different continent, to attend a conference for almost a week, is just unbelievable! Even until now, I am still overwhelmed by that experience. It was definitely one for the books!


Shift Happens


So, from that kind of reckless spender that I was, I developed the discipline to be a saver and an investor. The key to be able to do this is FINANCIAL EDUCATION.

I choose when to be frugal and when to splurge.

When it comes to material stuff, I am frugal. I do not own the latest gadget anymore or have bought an expensive bag. There were even times when I was treated indifferently as I walked into an expensive shop simply because I look broke. (Please, I urge you to stop judging others simply by how they look.) Plain and simple, just like that. And personally, I do not mind. That's the norm. I'm just not buying it.

BUT when it comes to self-growth, I splurge. As one of my mentors would say, "Increase yourself, and you increase your wealth." Again and again, I have proven this to be true. When you know more, you are able to serve others better.

I splurge on books, membership sites, online courses and seminars. Why? Because our mind is our greatest asset. And an investment in knowledge pays the best interest.


Splurge When It Comes to Self-Growth



This trip to Sydney was a splurge. No thinking twice. Why? Not only because I get to travel to a new place, but more importantly, it is because this Hillsong Conference will help me grow spiritually.

It was late last year when my workmate and I dreamt of attending the Hillsong Conference. In December, we registered. Come February, when we spotted a seat sale, we booked our flights. By the end of April, we submitted our documents for visa application. Then we finally made our hotel reservation a week before the conference.

You see, it was not a "one time, big time" kind of splurge. I made "tiny" withdrawals for this trip every after a few months.

I made a withdrawal from where, you might ask?

Where else but from my giant piggy bank called the stock market.


Fulfill a Dream Through Investing


As Robert Kiyosaki would say, "A plan is a bridge to your dreams. Your job is to make the plan or bridge real, so that your dreams will become real. If all you do is stand on the side of the bank and dream of the other side, your dreams will forever be just dreams."

Because I have been investing in the stock market for more than three years now, what I spent preparing for that trip were merely part of the interest I earned over time. Investment in the stock market made my dream REAL.

Today, as you read this post, I encourage you to start your investment journey and be one day closer to your dreams. Procrastinating won't get you anywhere.


One Final Note


Yes, investment played a huge role in the fulfillment of this dream. But it was not solely about it. I strongly believe that it was through God's grace that made all of this possible. (I will write a different post for this.)

Everything was a process, from how I used to be to how I am today, and with God guiding me every step of that journey. Investment was only God's instrument. 

Be very blessed!



P.S. If you find this post helpful, kindly click the SHARE buttons below. Thank you very much!




Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were h...