Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Stop Waiting. Live Your Life NOW.





Last month, my hands began feeling numb. I told my MD friend about it and he suggested that I have my blood sugar checked. One test after the other, I was diagnosed to be pre-diabetic. I am only 32 years old.

Not only was my blood glucose above normal. My cholesterol was high and my uric acid was high, too. My sedentary lifestyle and love for sweets took their toll on my health.

Today, I had a repeat of my laboratory tests. With fingers crossed, I am expecting a miracle -- better test results. 

Then I remembered one story I heard at the Feast one Sunday. Let me share it with you.

There was a woman, who was at her senior years, was diagnosed with cancer. Stage 4. Her dawn was near, and she acknowledged that fact. So she gathered her closest friends and family one night. They enjoyed a sumptuous dinner and laughed at wonderful stories from the past. They were all having a great time. 

Then the woman brought out a box, filled with her most expensive jewelries -- things that she had been holding on all these years. She gave one item to each family member and friend. She told them that after she is gone, may she be remembered by these priced possessions.

The message of the story is simple. 

Friend, do not wait for cancer. Do not wait to be pre-diabetic. Live your life today.

Do not wait for work to be done before spending precious time with people you love. Do not wait until your 50 before you start preparing for retirement. Do not wait for better days before you start investing. Do not wait for retrenchment before you do what you actually love.

Start living your life NOW. Spend as much time with people you love as often as you can. Earn as much as you can. Help and inspire as many people as you can. Travel as far as you can. Pursue your dreams. Live out your passion. Serve your purpose. 

Because at the end of the day, I do not think God will ask you how much money you have saved or how many hours a day you spent at work. I think God will be interested to know how many lives we have inspired and helped made better.

My prayer for today, "Lord, teach me to number my days that I may grow in wisdom."

Life is too short to be anything but happy.

Be very blessed!


P.S. If you find this post helpful, kindly click the SHARE buttons below. Thank you very much!

Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...