Friday, January 9, 2015

Begin 2015 With A Strong Emotional Why

  

 
Photo credit: World Vision Philippines

A New Year, A New You


Happy 2015!

As one of my mentor says, the purpose of the new year is not to have a new year. The purpose of the new year is to have a NEW YOU. Unlike before, you will now think of the plans of God in your life, your hands will now do the work of God, your feet will  now be firm and certain of where God wants you to go. You will have a new heart that will desire to serve others more.

 
 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:7-11



You can change anything in your life as long as you have found your strong emotional why. This is because we make our decisions based on our emotions, not based on logic. If you have found your strong emotional why or hunger, you can achieve whatever it is that you want in life. This hunger is also our deepest desire that God has planted in our hearts.


The Anatomy of an Emotional Why


1. Fantasy


I have imagined myself sponsoring ten kids to school through World Vision every year. That was my fantasy. I imagine receiving ten handwritten letters from these kids and reading their stories. As of today, I have one sponsored child and being a blessing to her has blessed me so much more in return. Imagine how overwhelming it would be if this happens TEN TIMES.


2. Frustration


Last year at work, I was able to achieve my annual sales quota. I almost had a shot of bagging an award that could have enabled me to fulfil my fantasy above. Unfortunately, I lost my chance because of something that was beyond my control. No hard feelings. Honestly, I am still very thankful. I had nothing to lose anyways. But those kids that I could have helped, they were the ones I was thinking of.



Nothing Great Came Easy



With what had happened, I realized that if I received that award and won the cash, sent ten kids to school, it would be that easy. Just like that. But I now think that God has better plans. His plans will always be greater and more beautiful than all of my disappointments.



I know in time I will be able to help more kids. Right now, I do not how yet, but I am sure that with my strong emotional why and trust in God, MY DREAMS WILL COME TRUE.


What is your strong emotional why? Share it in the comments below. Email me anytime at jssalandanan@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Have a very blessed 2015!

Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...