Monday, August 12, 2013

The Main Purpose Of Wealth Is To Love Others




Last week, I attended an orientation for another possible income stream. We were asked to briefly introduce ourselves. When it was my turn, I told the group that I am an employee working as a medical representative, I manage an online clothing store, I am an affiliate marketer for certain brands, membership sites and events, I blog about personal finance management, I invest in the stock market and I have another business on the way with a partner.

Yes, a do a lot of things. I make the most out of my 24 hours everyday. And you may ask, "WHAT FOR?" 

Later that day at work, I was telling my MD about the many things that have been keeping me busy these days. To my surprise, he shared a Bible verse with me about greed. He thinks I am doing all these for the love of money. Honestly, to have that reputation was a sad fact. I just told him what my real purpose was, which is to love others, and a "WOW!" was his reply. Well, at least I was able to change the way he thinks about me.

We, at the Truly Rich Club have been taught by our mentor that "the main purpose of wealth is to love others." We are encourgaed to earn more, but live a simple life, so that we could help people in need. 

My income may have increased but I still wear the same watch, still prefer using my "unsignatured" bag, rented the same apartment with my husband and lived in the same house with my parents. We are not frugal, but we are not luxurious as well.

Aside from my goals for myself and for my family, I have included child sponsorship and charity work to my list of dreams to accomplish. Recently, I have received a handwritten letter from my first sponsored child thanking me and telling me that I am a part of their live now. Wow! When your Php600 per month goes a long way for people in need, sends a child to school and create livelihood programs for their community, that was definitely something.

Over the weekend, I visited Anawim, home of the abandoned elderly, for the first time at Montalban, Rizal. Thinking how their families could have abandoned these helpless elders instantly brought tears in my eyes. Most likely, it was because of poverty. And this made me realize that if I do not save or invest today, I may end up as a resident of Anawim myself. My goal is to become a donor, and not otherwise.





When I signed up as a pilgrim for Anawim last week, the first thing I had in mind was to bring joy to our lolo's and lola's with my mere presence. True enough, having visitors brought twinkle in their eyes and smile on their faces. But what the experience actually did for me was beyond extraordinary -- a certain happiness that I cannot explain. I remember what my mentor says, "Give and you shall receive." True enough, I gave my little time for them and I received so much in return.

Ask yourself, "Why do I want to be rich?"

And I pray that you have the right reasons.


Want to gain financial freedom and spiritual abundance at the same time? Join the Truly Rich Club today. Click here

Interested in child sponsorship through World Vision? Click here.
Have time and donations for Anawim? Click here.




Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...