Monday, February 16, 2015

Generously Blessed by Tithing



I had the opportunity to share how God has generously blessed me through tithing at the Feast PICC yesterday, February 15, 2015. The Feast is a Catholic spiritual gathering led by Bo Sanchez.

Although I have never talked in front of an audience before or led a group to prayer, I said YES when I was asked to do it. God does not always call those who are equipped, but He equips those He calls.

And there I was, talking and leading a prayer in front of thousands of Feast attendees during the 8am, 930am, 1030am and 1pm sessions.

Let me share with you of how God has generously blessed me.

Two Saturdays ago, I was flat broke after paying off investment and insurance premiums and was left with only Php500 in my wallet. Coming from Tarlac City, I told myself, “Hindi ata ako makakapag-Feast kasi kulang pa pera ko pang toll.” And it was as if God heard me, because when I checked my ATM balance, it had a Php2800 balance. Our rice and milk ration was deposited on a Saturday evening, which rarely happens. It was like God saying, “Ayan, may pang Feast ka na.”

That Sunday, I went to the Feast, I faithfully gave my tithes, I registered for a Pilgrimage to Anawim, not worrying if my money would still last until payday, which was two weeks away then. I knew in my heart that God will never leave me empty-handed.

On Tuesday, I was back to my Php500 balance. Working in the field, that amount could last only a day or two, the most. I told myself that if worse comes to worst, I am breaking my piggy bank!

Then I experienced God’s faithfulness. On my way home from work, my brother texted me saying that he deposited Php5,000 in my account for the money he owed me. That was unexpected, because I told him that money was payable when able. I told myself, “Wow! What a relief.” That amount could last until payday.

God’s blessings did not stop there. The next day, I received another text message saying that a PHp15,000 was credited to my account from our network marketing business. Later that day, I checked another ATM and it had a Php21,000 balance from another passive income source.

It is true that when we faithfully tithe, God gives back the blessings “siksik, liglig at umaapaw pa!” My cup was overflowing.

We may be financially broke now, but God has equipped us with talents and resources to maximize our earning potential, not to increase our standard of living, but to increase our standard of giving. He uses us as a channel of His blessings. God is faithful to meet our needs in His right time and in His most perfect way.
 
Be very blessed!

Featured Posts

Not All VULs Are Created Equal

"Ate," my husband's insurance agent said, "magkaiba naman ang company namin sa ibang insurance." Those were her ...